I love setting goals in the beginning of the year. It’s such a great time to refresh, re-think, and re-grow! I feel like we always think of memories in years, “oh, that was in 2015 when the baby was born” or “that was 2 years ago when we were moving”. I know everyone does the “New Year’s Resolution” thing a little differently. For me, I love to write things that are not necessarily goals I’m going to accomplish and check off my list just in this year, but I’m going to be conscious of, and work towards. I try to do a mix of short term and long term goals, because it is pretty gratifying to check a few things off the list 🙂 Ok, with that being said, drumroll please…..
MY KICK ASS GOALS FOR 2017
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you click a link and purchase something that has been recommended. I only recommend products I personally use and genuinely recommend.
- Purchase another rental property (I like to put the big goal first!)
- Pay excess towards student loans each month (We have a set amount we’ve agreed on)
- Monetize my blog – This is a big goal for me. It makes me nervous and excited, but it helps give me purpose and drive with my blog posts and keeps me committed. My BHAG (big hairy audacious goal) is to earn $1k in 1 month by the end of the year!
Read More About: Why we plan to pay excess towards our Student Loans
- Sign up for 2 new classes (craft, blogging, finance, etc.)
- Read 2 new books (I’m a mom so….2 books is about all I have in me): I’m looking at The Book On Rental Property Investing and The Book On Flipping Houses
- Sign our kiddo up for 1 new class – Ok, she’s only 1 so there’s not many classes I can sign her up for. But she recently finished “gymnastics” at our awesome Rec Center and LOVED it! I’d love to continue gymnastics and maybe try another class like music.
- More date nights! (I don’t have a set # for this yet, but trust me…almost anything will be “more”)
- Be present with my darling baby girl- This is something I try to think about often. I like to write it down as an official resolution to hold myself accountable. No blogging, no texting, no working….just good ol’ fashioned playtime with my favorite girl!
- Prepare more dinners – Have a healthy dinner thought out for 3 nights of the week (the other nights can default to our “usuals”).
- Volunteer for Girls on the Run – By the way, if you aren’t familiar with this AMAZING program, send me a message and ask me about it!
- Finish my crochet blanket (that I started a year ago by the way). With the help of my sister in law and some blog tutorials, I learned to crochet! I decided my first project should be a large adult blanket. With everything else on my plate, crocheting quickly became low priority. I wish I started with a baby blanket (because I’d be done), but I didn’t so I need to just find time and finish this darn project I started!
- Sponsor a larger family during the holidays – Each year we sponsor a family with 1 child during the holidays. There is an amazing program held by our local food bank during the holidays that allows families in need to fill out a Christmas wish list (for the kids). I love bringing a little more magic to Christmas for a child. This year, I’d like to sponsor at least 2 or more kids.
- Remodel 1 more room in the house – We’re slowly working our way to updating our home. One room at a time! Looking forward to getting at least 1 more room accomplished this year
Your Next Step: Write your own list of resolutions/goals and share your top resolution with me!
Check Out These Other Handy Posts: