Admittedly, I heard about Ebates a while ago, and for whatever reason, it took me months to finally create my free account. I’m not sure why it took me so long to set this up. It takes about 3 seconds to create an account, and it’s totally free! Let’s just blame it on being a busy mom and move on…
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you click a link and purchase something that has been recommended. I only recommend products I personally use and genuinely recommend.
EBATES PRODUCT REVIEW
Once I created a login for Ebates, I downloaded the Cash Back button, which is the BEST. THING. EVER! It automatically shows you how much cash back you can get when you are on different websites. Check out this screenshot from my google search for “Maui Hotels”.
The Cash Back Button also works when you’re shopping in certain websites (assuming they are an Ebates merchant, which so many are). Once I logged into Hotels.com the Ebates Cash Back button automatically pops up on my screen. I can choose to ignore it, or just click the button and it will automatically apply any coupon code AND cash back. So easy right?
While Ebates works on so many websites, I actually had 2 major travel purchases I needed to make:
- Trip #1: Traveling for work (I pay for this upfront and get reimbursed) – This is the best way every to travel for work because I get reimbursed for the cost AND get to take advantage of any perks like Ebates Cash Back, credit card rewards, and Hotels.com 🙂
- Trip #2: Hawaii family trip! We’re going to Hawaii with my husband’s entire family so we’re looking at large/high priced rooms. We have volunteered to book the hotels and just have everyone pay us their portion. Again, a great way to reap the benefits of booking travel! (We already booked our flights for this trip before getting Ebates, so that’s why it’s not included in this review).
Read Here For: More Awesome Tips To Save On Travel
Total Ebates Cash Back:
- Welcome bonus – $10.00 (Awesome!)
- Hotels.com – $8.75 (Work Trip)
- Priceline: $1.50 (Work Trip Flight)
- VRBO – $10 (Hawaii Trip)
- Total Cash Back: $30.25 ** Amounts will vary depending on when you use the site, how much your purchase is, etc.
Side Note: I also got credit card rewards points, and a FREE NIGHT through Hotels.com!
This product is a no brainer for me. I’m actually annoyed that I waited so long to set this up. It’s easy to setup, free, and so simple to use. Considering you don’t even need to login to their website to get the discounts, it’s probably one of the easiest discount sites I’ve used (and I use a lot!). I actually can’t think of a single downside to using Ebates.
Your Next Step: Great news for Life Family Etc. readers! If you sign up for Ebates using this link you’ll get a $10 welcome bonus with your first purchase!
Other handy posts you might enjoy: